Program Manager, Washington DC
The Program Manager (“PM”), along with the relevant core team, is tasked with the success of a particular Accelerator program. This opportunity affords high visibility and responsibility as the PM works side by side with the core team, helping early stage companies through the program. The Program Manager is responsible for managing the operations and the execution of the accelerator program as well as the day-to-day management of the office.
• High energy, extroverted candidate that can operate independently and opportunistically to deliver results;
• The successful candidate will be comfortable with adopting a variety of responsibilities, and operating under a minimal amount of direction. The candidate will be a hands-on problem-solver who takes personal responsibility for delivering high-quality outcomes;
• A willingness to learn, good judgement, and comfort in tackling new problems are a must;
• A love of tech and the ecosystem are important. Personal presentation and discretion to represent the C5 brand is also essential.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Recruiting, onboarding and scheduling mentors for a wide variety of different sessions;
• Ensuring that the application review process is run on time and to plan;
• Onboarding program participants and ensuring that the due diligence process is correctly delivered;
• Organising the program across all the relevant stakeholders and ensuring that it runs to schedule;
• Supporting and enabling participating businesses where possible with advice on business modelling, strategy planning, sourcing, and marketing;
• Supporting the development of relationships of mentors as well as both local and global sponsors;
• Managing the in-house relationships on a day to day basis between C5, AWS, PeaceTech Lab and SAP NS2;
Key skills and requirements
• Minimum of a Bachelors’ degree or equivalent;
• Experience in tech communications and outreach within a fast-paced project;
• Excellent organisational and verbal communication skills;
• Management experience;
• Clear, concise and compelling writing skills;
• Professional manner and ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality;
• Ability to work proactively and with self-direction and to maintain a broad, global network of high level contacts;
• Hands on and detail oriented;
• Ability to work in the United States;
• 2 solid professional references;
• 5 to 10 years of work experience.
About PeaceTech Accelerator
C5 Accelerate and PeaceTech Lab, along with support from Amazon Web Services, Inc. (AWS), are collaborating to launch the PeaceTech Accelerator. The PeaceTech Accelerator is the first peacetech cloud innovation centre globally.
The Accelerator runs an eight-week program of intensive mentorship focusing on all aspects of scaling up, especially in the use of “cloud.” The Accelerator is based at the United States Institute of Peace (USIP) in the heart of Washington, D.C.
About C5 Accelerate
C5 Accelerate (“C5”), a London-, Washington, D.C.- and Bahrain-based technology investment firm. C5 Accelerate is developing a Cloud Accelerator Cluster in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa alongside Amazon Web Services. Its mission is to accelerate best-of-breed start-ups throughout EMEA to meet the growth opportunity being created by the geographic expansion of AWS, the world’s leading cloud computing platform. www.c5accelerate.com
To apply: Send a Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 January 2018.