// Shield in the cloud innovation challenge
The Shield in the Cloud Innovation Challenge the global anti-corruption innovation competition, will be launching for the second year running on 13th July 2018. The challenge is a joint venture with our partners Amazon Web Services, PeaceTech Lab and SAP NS2. The challenge is aligned with Goal 16 of the United Nations’ global sustainable goal to promote just, peaceful and inclusive societies. This Goal seeks to hold institutions and governments accountable and transparent. It also aims to eliminate bribery and other forms of political and corporate corruption. Shield in the Cloud will once again select the most innovative startups, non-profits and governments innovating uses of technology for anti-corruption compliance worldwide.
The competition will be judged by a select group of experts from across the world of law, business and technology, and will culminate in an awards gala in Washington D.C. in the first quarter of next year – date tbc.
Congratulations to last year’s Winners:
- Dream Big: Donor – Mark Labs
- Dream Big: Local Community – MyndGenie
- Dream Big: Global Trade – Pole Star – PurpleTRAC
- Not for Profit: Ushahidi
- Government: Transparency International Ukraine – ProZorro.Sale
Last year Special Recognition went to:
The Drug Enforcement Agency – for their tireless and innovative efforts in combating and preventing global corruption.
Citibank – for its pioneering efforts through their Tech4Integrity program – An open initiative seeking to source tech solutions that promote integrity around the world.
Please apply now for the following awards:
1. Dream Big: This is the prize for the most innovative startup that uses cloud to enable anti-corruption compliance. Open to all newly-emerged (within past 5 years) and fast-growing For Profit businesses and all For Profit businesses with a technology-based product or service
2. Non Profit: This is the prize for the Not For Profit that uses cloud in the most innovative way to do anti-corruption work. Open to all Not For Profits of all sizes and from any region
3. Government Enabler / Government Initiative: This is the prize for the government department or multilateral organization with the best programme to drive innovation in anti-corruption using cloud. Open to all official government departments or multilateral organizations of all sizes
We will also be searching for two recipients of our special recognition awards for:
1. Bold Leadership
2. Most impactful programme or initiative
If you would like to recommend a person or organisation which is making a difference in the collective fight against corruption, please email email@example.com.
Download the 2017 Shield in the Cloud Whitepaper here.
// Apply today
How can I apply?
This is a global competition, and all organisations of all sizes who are using innovative technology to challenge corruption can apply through this application form or on F6s. To nominate another organisation or to give your application direct to us, please fill out this form or contact Georgina.Callander@clc.uk.com
The judging panel is tasked with identifying innovative solutions that combats global, political and corporate corruption and promotes good governance.
Challenge once again seeks best-in-class technology to combat global political and corporate corruption and promote good governance.
Prizes were awarded at the Shield in the Cloud gala dinner, held at C5’s PeaceTech Accelerator, based in the United States Institute of Peace.
The challenge is designed to identify best-in-class technology that combats global, political and corporate corruption and promotes good governance.
Steve Fehr, Senior Vice President, Corporate Strategy and Strategic Programs of SAP NS2, talks to us about how corruption is a significant threat to governments and their security, and how advances in big data analytics are making a difference.
Sheldon Himelfarb, President and CEO of PeaceTech Lab, was kind enough to talk with us about how technology is being used to fight corruption – and why we need initiatives like Shield in the Cloud
Challenge seeks best in class technology to combat global political and corporate corruption and promote good governance